Monday, January 25, 2010

WORK HARD + BE KIND

Photographer/designer Clay Larson created the image below to celebrate part of Conan O'Brien's farewell speech from his final episode hosting The Tonight Show.


The design references a seldom-seen motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939 at the start of World War II, reading "Keep Calm and Carry On." Rediscovered in 2000, the image has become popular in the public domain, appearing on walls and merchandise in the UK and beyond, finding new relevance in this global economic recession.

Conan's final thoughts, and some wise words of advice, below:

"
To all the people watching, I can never thank you enough for your kindness to me and I’ll think about it for the rest of my life. All I ask is one thing, and I’m asking this particularly of young people: please don’t be cynical. I hate cynicism — for the record, it’s my least favorite quality and it doesn’t lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment