Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Coachella + Gorillaz return

I just returned from a weekend trip to visit friends in Austin. I was planning on returning for SXSW in March, but I gotta say I haven't been too excited by any of the acts slated to play.

Then I saw the line-up for this year's Coachella, released today.
Sorry Austin, but I think if I have to choose, I'm saving up my money for this:




Obviously those are some pretty big-name headliners, but lets focus on that third night. While i'm excited as the next skinny shaggy-haired guy to see Pavement reunited on stage, as well as solo sets by Thom Yorke and Julian Casablancas, its the inclusion of Gorillaz as headliner that really has me stoked.

As a cartoon-hybrid "virtual" band with plenty of famous collaborators, Gorillaz live show is always guaranteed to be an incredible visual experience. Talk at me about Avatar all you want, I've been dreaming of this since I first saw the (highly recommended) DVD release Demon Days Live, filmed at the Manchester Opera House. clip below:



In other Gorillaz-related news, you can now hear the first single off the cartoon rockers upcoming third full-length, Plastic Beach, over at URB. The song is a Miami Vice style throwback titled "Stylo", featuring vocals from soul legend Bobby Womack. You can also check the album's tracklist, which features guests such as Lou Reed, Snoop Dogg, and Mos Def, among others.

New Gorillaz “Stylo” feat. Bobby Womack & Mos Def




No comments:

Post a Comment